Green tea in a smoothie? sounds a bit strange but here’s why you should really be adding this into your routine.
Green tea is full of fat-burning antioxidants that can ramp up your weight loss, especially if you combine it with other healthy foods like in this metabolism boosting smoothie. Instead of water or milk, you are going to be using green tea as the liquid. You should get 3 or 4 cups out of this recipe.
Tweaks: Always try to use purified, filtered water whenever you can. Make sure you purchase organic, high quality green tea bags. If you’re a purist, you can buy ground green tea leaves and skip the tea bags. Tea bags are super convenient, however, and make the process easier and quicker. You will get more healthy nutrients and minerals from your green tea if you let it steep for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
• 1 cup watercress
• 1 lemon, peeled, seeded and sliced
• 2 cups cantaloupe, seeds and rind removed
• 1 cup of raspberries
• 2 cups of freshly brewed green tea
• Add 1 cup of tea to your blender, followed by your watercress, lemon and raspberries. Blend well.
• Add the remaining cup of tea, continuing to blend. Add cantaloupe and blend well.
Nutrition per 1 cup – 50 cal, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 18 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 12 g carbohydrates