The earlier you instil good health habits in your children the better. However,youngsters are notoriously grumpy and complain when they are told they have to eat their vegetables. This is a great way to get nutrients, minerals and vitamins into your children, with a recipe that kids really love.
Tweaks: Anything you need to do to make your kids love smoothies is permitted here. Get your children involved. Let them pick out their own ingredients when you go shopping. Let them make the smoothies with you. Kids love watching food get liquefied in a blender, and the more involved your children are in this healthy process, the better the chance that these healthy habits will stick with them.
• 4 lemons, peeled, seeded and sliced
• 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced or sliced
• 1 cup spinach
• 1 tablespoon organic, raw honey or organic agave nectar
• 1 cup ice• 2 cups green tea
• Mix 1 cup of tea with your spinach and lemons. Blend well. Blend in your honey or agave nectar.
• Add your remaining 1 cup of tea and blend well. Blend in your apples, adding ice as needed for the right consistency.
Nutrition per 1 cup – 75 cal, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 7 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 22 g carbohydrates